Everybody dreams about a happy relationship, especially for marriage couples, cos we want to be with our soulmate forever and ever. But there’s still lots of thing we have to make the ends meet to complete the loop. Out there, still lots of couple facing silent breakdown in their marriage, and make it a torment, which should not happen to every married couple. As a saying goes ‘My House My Paradise’ (rumahku syurgaku) so the first thing we need is a happy marriage.
Alhamdulillah, we are going to celebrate our 3rd anniversary in 3 months time. And it is a very exciting journey, ups and downs and everything we face together. Blessed with 2 cute kids summore, it add some adventurous element. LOL.
Let’s share the secrets of a happy marriage. Out there, it might be a person still looking for the ‘tips of a happy marriage/relationship’ or a bride-to-be is looking for how to be the best wife, etc. To make it easy for you, I’ll jot down some points and you can help by typing ‘DO’ for any YES, and ‘DON’T’ for any NO, and if you’re not sure of not applicable just put a dash ‘-‘. I’ll use ‘I’ for the wife side and ‘him’ for the husband side, OK? Just follow the running number. Example:
…OK? I’ll compile the result and put the percentage of Do’s and Dont’s in each line this evening or night.
The lucky commentator will get a token of appreciation from us!
1. Sincerely accept him as my husband right from the start. = DO
2. Put him as priority, even before the kids. Because he stands at the highest rank in ‘the people I shall obey to’. = DO
3. Encourage him to respect and take care of his mother, even if the MIL is very the cerewet. = D0
4. Avoid communication breakdown, always talk and discuss about everything. And if I can’t, just send an SMS, email or letter. = DO
5. Pray for him everytime I perform solat so that he can get the happiness and succeed in everything he ventures. = DO
6. Ask for his attention because I am his wife. He should prioritize me more than everything. = 50-50. Huha.
7. His mother has no right on him after he has his own family. His mother should stay away from his life and let him be with me and the kids. = DON’T
8. Protect his dignity and don’t tell others about his bad and his weakness. Unless if he’s doing something not right. = DO
9. Always cook his favourite food and even if I don’t like it, I will still smiling and eat together. = DO
10. Cool him down if he is under stress of anger by saying nice words, not membebel. = DO
11. Say sorry even if we’re not doing anything wrong to avoid argument. = DO
12. Ask for ‘kesamarataan’ in husband and wife. I deserve to live as what I want to. = DON’T
13. House chores is not my job, it’s him. So he has to do his job or get a maid. = DON’T
14. He has no right to check my handphone because it is my privacy. = DON’T
15. I have my own life and I don’t need to ask his permission if I want to do anything. = DON’T
16. He has to choose between his mother family or me. If he loves me, then he should choose me. = DON’T
17. I would do all the chores and manage the kids, even if I am working and exhausted after a long day. = 50-50. 😀
18. Be transparent and do not keep secret to each other. = DO
19. I have to respect his privacy because a man always needs space for himself. = DO
20. Sexual intercourse is not important, as long as we show love toward each other. = DON’T
21. Focusing on how to be a good wife and mother rather than asking/hoping him to be a good husband and father. = DO
22. Being a wife needs lots of patience because not all men can understand women. = DO
23. Support him in everything, his ups and downs. = DO
24. I should ask him for nice presents for my birthday, if only he loves me. = DON’T
25. Love him unconditionally. = DO
26. Put some tolerance in everything because not all marriage last. = DO
27. Say I love you everyday. = DO
28. Always think about how to make him happy, even if he doesn’t always make me happy. = DO
29. He should give me some money so that I can enjoy myself. = DO
30. Ask someone else to cook (bibik or chef kedai) so that we can spend time alone together. = DON’T
Wah, many oredy. I think I should stop 😛
So, what say you? Which one should we do and which are dont’s? After jot your ‘do’, dont’ and ‘-‘. you may add some points if you love to! . Oh yes, you don’t have to pick all the points, if you don’t have much time *EDITED* Thanks for all the responders. I’ll announce the lucky commentator later2 😀 So now can you list you do’s and don’ts in your marriage? I pray for your happiness, until no forever 🙂
But after all, marriage is not only a tolerancy, but also a synergy. We should get more from it (bukan more children je..). More money, more love, more happiness, more success, more jutaria! And it doesn’t come easily. Also needs more patience and sacrifice. As what my English teacher said, “True love never runs smooth”. But as long as we run together, the un-smoothness won’t hurt I LOVE YOU ABIY!
*this entry is written for Yoyooh challenge minggu ke-4